Sunday, December 10, 2006

Surprises and Cobwebs

A good friend called and said they were in town. We met for breakfast--fun to see them! She is all about knitting for granddaughter 1. Her hubby is tolerant of our knitting babble! We used to be neighbors, and they did admit that our current "over the river and through the woods" is a far cry from our old neighborhood!

So, in getting ready for Xmas, the week, visitors, etc. I found cobwebs. Not a few. Sometime since I last looked we had become a version of the Munsters House. Probably doesn't help that I leave in the dark, and return in the dark every day now this time of year. Bright sun today--you can see them clearly. Trouble is , they are usually where I cannot reach.

And I would rather knit! Quite a vision, huh? Me, at stately wayne mannor, over the river and through the woods, rocking and knitting, with cobwebs everywhere!!

On a brighter (literally) note, the holiday tree is assembled. Every year, I am determined to get it right the first time. Every year, I don't. This year, Mr. CP was on a plane to DE, so I had lots of help-free time--as I recall, he was part of the problem, not the solution, last year. I carefully laid out the branches as I brought each set upstairs (7 trips). I started at the bottom, fluffing as I went. I got all the way to the last set, when I realized that there were one set of holes, and two sets of branches. I had assumed that the top was "1" (little chinese numbers--hard to read for Americans)--actually the top was "top"--so had to readjust. At least they were in the right order this year. Must learn to step back and admire every couple of rows! It is glowing away, waiting for the decorations.

So, the stockings are hung by the chimney (sort of) with care....it is beginning to look alot like Xmas!

No comments: