Sunday, December 03, 2006

Royal wool winder!


Today I had a chance to play with my newest toy--a "Royal Wool Winder" that I bought myself--ostensibly for Christmas. It is wonderful! It makes your skeins into these amazing, pretty flat balls that pull from the center without (I hope) tangling. It is one of those soothing, repetative activities, where you can view your accomplishments!

I go so carried away, that I wound all the wool that I had in my socks-to-knit basket!! The tricky part is dividing the balls exactly into two equal smaller balls to knit the socks with. Got better at it after the first few skeins. Only problem is the pending carpal tunnel problem, as much wrist action goes into the wool winding....but now I have lovely wound wool waiting.....such fun!

The self striping yarn looks completely different in these balls--pretty geometric patterns! (It doesn't take much to amuse me, obviously). Unfortunately, being slightly ADD, I want to knit it all right now right now! Of course this is not possible, so have tried to calm this urge with arranging them in the baskets again!

I also started a new pair of cotton socks--did all the calculations, and got one toe done. Also finished a pair earlier today. Pictures to follow!

No comments: