Thursday, July 13, 2006

Who is Jennifer, and is it that I should I call her?

"Call Jennifer". That is what my "to do" list said. It was among several items, both personal and business that I needed to attend to....

Who is Jennifer? What is it I am supposed to call her about?

It took me days to figure it out! Jennifer is my hairdresser. When we moved, I needed to establish a "new relationship" with someone to cut my hair. This was accomplished by window shopping on Main street with 1's assistance, and choosing the most outrageous person I saw in the shop--which for where I live is still pretty tame.

It was not that I wanted hair on the wild side, but I do like someone who is a little creative, so we are not stuck in a rut.

Anyway, after several days of racking my brain and checking other lists for a clue of who Jennifer was and what I needed to call her about, I looked in the mirror, and remembered that I needed a hair appointment---thus, the need to call Jennifer!!

Now, I do not forget her name, although I usually decide I NEED her on a weekend, and by the time Tuesday rolls around, have forgotten that I needed to call for an appointment.

I need to be able to email my beauty shop for an appointment---maybe I will suggest that! We now have a laugh every time I eventually show up, as she knows the "who is Jennifer and why do I need to call her" story! And this time she actually did what I wanted her to do with my hair--so maybe I should just let her do her thing, as it really did look better last time when I did not interfere!

No comments: