Tuesday, July 11, 2006

@%!$@&#^!! Deer





This is what my day lilies would look like if the deer did not keep eating them before they bloom! This morning, I swear they waited until they heard the car leaving the driveway, then sauntered right up to the house to begin their munching. What they hadn't figured on was me being home, gimpy and all. Mr. Buck and Ms. Doe were quite surprised that I took exception to their breakfasting on my plants.

You would think with three acres, and all the neighbors acreage, they could find something else to eat! So I got out my super deer repellent. Sprayed it on the few remaining flowers. Was so rank (had been in the very hot garage) that I had to come inside. Hope it works--sure smells awful!

Lesson learned. You can never drop your guard--deer do not have memories!

No comments: