Thursday, July 13, 2006

The Bionic Man

Men (even those with normal hearing) "hear what they want to hear, and disregard the rest"--nah, nah, nah, nah, nah,nah-nah-nah-nah....Etc.

Did you know that they were going to drill holes in my femur? (yes), ..And they are going to use screws (uh-huh)...And I will have scars here, here, and HERE! (yep).

So went the conversation tonight following his pre-op appointment for the upcoming knee surgery (still dealing with motorcycle accident damage...)

I knew all of this from the detailed explanation provided by the surgeon at a prior visit...He was in the room, (which was barely larger than my oven by the way) but obviously had suffered complete hearing loss during the explanation of the procedure and recovery.....

Men, they hear what they want to hear (and disregard the rest!!)....But I will control the pain meds!!! (tee-hee!) Stay tuned!

No comments: