Friday, July 07, 2006

Grace

Over the weekend, 2's friends stopped by with new baby "Gracie". Cute. Tiny. Observation: Parenthood seems much more complicated than it did when mine were babies--we didn't have so much "stuff" involved.

Speaking of Grace, or more accurately, lack there of....I managed to take a walk at lunch yesterday, and as I was walking down the street, fell. Not tripped, just hit some uneven pavement and went down. Lots of students from the nearby law school on the sidewalk--very nice--are you o.k? Thought so. One young man pointed out that "people fall there all the time"--either he is destined to be an ambulance chaser, or he has way too much time to spend at this corner.

Anyway, I not really fine. Managed to walk back to my office. Was harder to walk to my car. Harder still to press the accelerator on the way home. Decided to seek medical care. They X-rayed. Don't know anything. Ended up with what looks like an extra large hard boiled egg inserted under the skin at my ankle. Hurts. Gave me crutches (challenging, as I was not graceful enough to avoid the fall in the first place), a wrap, several sheets of instructions and a script. See a real doctor if it doesn't get better on its own. Bill will probably be a thou---if I had an X-ray machine, could have saved my insurance co a lot of money.

I know how this goes. Have been here before. Takes much longer than they say. Hurts more than they say. Crutches are impossible to use unless you are coordinated, and if you are coordinated, you probably wouldn't need crutches in the first place. My hand is bruised--so using the crutches hurts too.

Pass the drugs. Think I should just take a nap!

No comments: