Sunday, January 01, 2006

Art teacher socks



The choice for child 1 is profession driven. What better for an "art teacher" than bright crayon colors on a bright red background. Multicolor and fun! A little hard on the eyes because it is so bright, but perfect for the person. These are knit with Patons Kroy Sock yarn in "paint box" (approprite color name for her). The wool is not quite as soft as others--is mixed with nylon--probably why. Those polyamids(whatever they are) feel better, I think. These socks have reinforced toe and heel--this person is "hard" on clothes. They should wear well, however I suspect that she will save them for "special occassions". Hand knit socks (at least mine) are knit to be worn. If they wear out, I can fix them, or knit you a new pair.

Hopefully, they will become favorite socks. I should have given 1 some safety pins for the wash--she is famous for visits from the "sock fairy". We will have to talk about how to have both of these come out of the wash--or go into the same wash for that matter. 1 is right brained--next time I will knit her a "pair" of 4 socks, just because it will better fit her lifestyle!

1 comment:

iamthanu said...

Yeah, I haven't washed them yet but I wear other socks underneath them so they should be okay. They are wicked good. Thanks!