Monday, January 16, 2006

Man Socks


Child 2, being male, needed something more "masculine" than paint box or sparty, although I am sure he would have appreciated sparty too. I found this ringel last September, and bought it with my Birthday Discount Coupon from the little yarn shop in a near by town. Loved the yarn--so soft, and with such a nice hand. It was a joy to knit. Because the repeats all so far apart, I had to unroll quite a bit to get them to match at the start (a little obsessive, but I like it that way). That meant that I had to reconnect the yarn at the end as it was too short. Unfortunately, I got the wrong end when I wove them in--so the toes are different. A right and a left, as it were.
Must remember next time to mark the direction of the yarn.....Found some more of this lovely yarn in a green.....Can't wait to start!!

No comments: