Saturday, December 31, 2005

Spartan Socks


For Christmas I decided to give each of the "children" (except for Florida Boy, as he would seem to have no need for wooly socks) a pair of my "lovingly" hand knit socks. For child 4, I chose MSU Spartan green and white, as she and friends have alumni football tickets--and wooly socks seemed like a great idea for tailgating--and displaying your loyal team colors. (As an aside, I am not sure it is at all about the football, as much as it is about the excuse to party and hang with one's college friends). These were the first "ringel" socks that I did, and I am quite pleased with the outcome. Child 4 was appropriately appreciative of the socks (unlike the appreciation for the aprons I lovingly created with my sewing machine, but that is fodder for another day's blog). The Regia sock yarn is thin, but nice. Was fun to knit. Hope it helps keep her footsies warm, and can't hurt the Spartans to show more spirit!

No comments: