Tuesday, September 07, 2021

Its been a long time….

 And a lot has happened in my life.  Thats the thing, time marches on without you doing a thing!  I enjoyed blogging, but then got..distracted, bored, busy, unmotivated… maybe all of these.  One day, I just couldn’t sign in, and did not bother to figure it out.

Change is inevitable.  Time passes.  We change, out situations change, things happen to us and around us. Some we control, most we cant’t.  We can only control how we react.

The last two years have been tough.  Nobody asked for a pandemic! Especially one we really did not understand, at least in the beginning.  People got sick (yes, I did in the very beginning before it was even a headline) and some died.  There was controversy and drama and politicizing, with endless news cycles of doom.  We stayed apart, locked down, sanitizing and trying our best not to be a victim.  It didn't help that it was global.  It was hard not to succumb to fear.

Hopefully, we are now on the upside.  There is a  vaccine, things are re-opening.  Kids are returning to school, so there is hope that someday things will be normal again….someday.   But we are forever changed and those of us who survived will carry this experience with us for the rest of our lives.  It is hard not to fear that it may happen again, or that it is not really ever going to be “over”.  That we will just have to “live with it”…. Because really, that is all we can do.

For those of us who have survived this pandemic, time marches on.  A lot more will happen, good and bad.  Someday this may be a memory, not unlike polio.  Hopefully in the rear view mirror.   But this is not something I can control.  

I did manage to get back into my blog —small victory!  A good change is that I may be able to continue to  express myself and organize my thoughts on my blog.  A lot has happened.  It has been a long time.  Hopefully, I will be able to sign in tomorrow!  We will see!


No comments: