Thursday, November 29, 2007

The difference between men and women

It is that time of year--when the "white panic" sets in and Mr. CP begins to hunker down and winterize!

One of the things to winterize is the interior of my car--slush mats a requirement. As soon as there was a little "sticking" snow, he started talking about them. Not about snow shovels, plowing contracts, warm mittens, etc. Once we got the snow tires on all vehicles--we had to get the slush mats!!!! (apparently, unknown to females, there is a necessary synergy between the tires and the mats!)

Then, as I am walking out the door to work at an ungodly time in the morning, here he comes--in business attire, excitedly waiving the "slush mats" about--headed for my sink....and those of you who live in my type of climate, know what slush mats look like when we put them away last spring--yetch!

Mr. CP thinks that he will "wash them off" before he leaves for work..so they can dry all day!?!?.

I try, as calmly as my now shrieking voice will allow, to point out--
My KITCHEN, with the sparkly pretty counters and new sink is probably not the best choice for scrubbing last years ice melter and "grit" off the mats!
He is dressed for work--remember the power washer, I say
There is no emergency to get the slush mats in my car-- I will be careful with my slush!! (which there is none of at the moment)
Just where did he plan to "dry" these??? (dripping on my wood floors!)

Grumble, grumble--but he knows I am right. I offered up the laundry tubs--he, I think saw the wisdom in not wearing a dress shirt, tie, and jacket to do this.

This weekend we must wash off the slush mats (so they can get dirty again with the slush--but don't go there) Maybe at the quarter car wash (that is now a dollar).

What price sanity!!! I won't even point out that I find very little slush to step in between the interior of the house and the attached garage---that I park in a parking structure--no slush there!....and it is a long walk between where slush might be, through the structure to where my space is!!!

White panic and slush panic.....give me strength!!!

No comments: