Saturday, June 03, 2006

4 and me

Today 4 came home. We had things to do. It was fun. We did some browsing of stores that we've not shopped together before. She got a doormat for her new back door. We talked of all the things she will need in her new house. Such fun. For me is like having a doll house. Must show restraint--it is her house. Will save it for future grandchildren--the buying because I want to.

So we looked at rugs and curtain rods, and bedsteads, curtains, and "stuff". Browsed the plants at the garden center. We talked about the things that she will inherit. We had lunch, invited 1 (who is still recovering from the fun fair fun) who couldn't come, and then 4 went shopping with Mr. Cp while I took a nap.

Fun was had by all. I like having "quality time" now and then. She found a "treasure" on sale for her living room. The moving starts Thursday.

She can't believe she is buying a house! I can't believe that I have another doll house to play in! I am glad that she is old enough now to appreciate how much little things like curtain rods cost. I am also glad that she will finally have "roots" in a house of her own that she can love. Will be fun to visit, and shop at the kinds of stores that we have not shopped at together before.

No comments: