Sunday, May 14, 2006

You cannot just "run in" to a yarn store

I am going to Portland for a week. I will need to take some sock knitting. Problem is I have 4 or more projects, all in some state near completion,and all unsuitable for a week long trips amusement.

I decided that I wanted to do the pink and black yarn next...but wanted (needed?) reinforcement yarn for toe and heel. So on my "todo" list was the yarn store. Needed black reinforcement yarn. Navy and beige would be good to have too.

Alas, they had no black. Did have beige and grey. Bought that as insurance that it would go away too! Of course saw some purple/beige sock yarn I liked. So more goes into the basket. I still have to find something to take along to knit!

I shouldn't be such an ADD knitter, but it is almost impossible. I have different moods. Different situations. Different lighting and seating. Need different knitting. Only another ADD sock knitter would understand.....

No comments: