Monday, May 15, 2006

Adventure on the Oregon Trail...Day 1


Another early call to be at the airport..Mr. CP in tow. Tried the curb side check in--he deemed slick!!! Dutifully waited with the carry on stuff while he parked and shuttled unencumbered by "stuff".

Security was interesting with sling and brace,etc...Then Mr. cp got upgraded. He was happy:) I however was not upgraded :( however did not expect to be, so was O.K. Did get to board with "those needing assistance"--and good thing too!

I had seat 14C. However the plane did not. NWA had given me a phantom seat! I went back to the "it is too early in the morning for you to bug me" lady at the check in, and after much explanation, and two more boarding passes for seat 14C, I calmly told her AGAIN that there was no such seat on this plane!! Finally, she called someone, muttered a lot, and gave me a boarding pass for 17C.

I was just the beginning of her problem, as there were three rows of other people with no seats either! (I was just the first to appear, due to the assisting part!) At one point, the gate agent boarded the plane and admitted that she had no idea who was on this plane, so if she called out your name, indicate that you were on board. I think people, who had been rioting over "open seating" ,were hesitant to do so, lest they be pulled off....Too much weirdness for my morning.

We had a tail wind, and got to Portland early. Thus had to wait for a gate, and they got the luggage locations all goofed up. It is sunny :) and hot. The luggage arrived, the rental car is a Buick (?), and the freeway was closed. No, really, completely closed!! Thank goodness for GPS, and we have already had the scenic tour of Portland.

So far so good. Tonight we eat...Up the street. Mr. Cp says he can walk. He should sleep well (I hope). Tomorrow I work, and he goes off to play in the wine country....Stay tuned.

No comments: