Monday, March 27, 2006

He can't afford a big enough diamond...

When you promise for better or worse...You never really have an accurate concept of the possible variations of "worse".

The buyer was on his way with the trailer, and I was experiencing the joy that his mother must have felt when he sold the kawisaki to by the engagement ring! (note: her joy was not over the engagement, but over the bike being gone) Mr. CP had been admonished to let D. do it, as he was out in the garage rooting around for various parts to send off with the bike. I gave him "the look".

Mr. CP, in a total lapse of judgment, or rebellion, or something "male", decided to take the 700cc Honda motorcycle "out" as the front brakes were "wrong". Sometimes people with testosterone in their systems make incomprehensible decisions....Take the bike for a ride because the brakes were malfunctioning...In the snow.....That is something that a woman certainly cannot fathom.

I am upstairs, reveling in the vision of being able to get into my parked car in the garage without having to snake around the handlebars of the bike, when the phone rings...."Come pick me up,I just broke my leg!"...Love getting those calls!

13 hours in emergency, an hour of X-rays, much pain (me too,the chairs were uncomfortable)...He has a broken shoulder (that is the translation, as the actual medical diagnosis is scarier) and a messed up knee...Exact problem TBD. It collapses when he puts any weight on it. (sounds like potential knee surgery to me, but then I am only a limited expert on this topic, having been there, and gotten that T-shirt.

I have had to rearrange the furniture and rearrange my life to accommodate Mr. CP's rearrangement of him body. We now have a bed in the dining room, wheelchair in the living room, assist bars in the 1/2 bath. He is propped in front of the TV in his recliner--cleaner now as the chippie crumbs fell out on the way up from the man cave! He can't walk, can't move....Amazing how hard it is to be the spouse of an invalid, even when you have good equipment.

Will be an interesting week...Go to ortho on Thurs. They are in no hurry. I cannot wait...pass the vicodin....Oh, wait, that is for MR. CP!

No comments: