Sunday, February 05, 2006

Snow, Snow, Snow

Superbowls and snow seem to go together in Detroit! It is beautiful. It has been a beautiful winter--lots of the snow that turns everything into the "winter wonderland" of my youth--heavy, wet, sticking to the branches, making everything match the sky! Not bitter cold--so the stuff piles up. Lots of snow!!!

I love to watch it accumulate. I love to look at it. I enjoy how it sound (muffles everything) and smells (fresh, wintery smell). I like almost everything about it except driving in it--which I have to do today for work.

Who plans a conference for superbowl Sunday? Who plans a conference for February in Michigan? We are going to get major flack on this one I think....thank goodness I had nothing to do with it. I just have to drive to get there---drat!

Would rather sit and knit and watch the snow. It is not my idea of fun to watch the superbowl in a hotel lobby with a bunch of my coworkers and people that I either don't know or don't like. There are a few that might be fun.....but, I am taking my knitting just in case, so I can return to my room and my socks. My boss optimistically thinks this "reception" will be over by 8 p.m. Not likely I am thinking. At least it is a "jeans" event--less to pack and drag through the snow!

Would rather stay here and look at my winter wonderland!

No comments: