Friday, August 26, 2005

Regulations

I deal with regulations. Policy. Legislation. Guidelines. In my job.

No one uses everyday language in those types of things...That is why the average person does not do this....It makes your brain hurt if you do enough of it.

Today I spend the entire day with standards--policy derived from legislation. It was tedious. Hopefully it will ultimately make my job easier. I definitely increased my stash of unusual information that perhaps will pay out if I get the right trivial pursuit question.

Unfortunately, this knowledge, although extensive, is not the kind of thing that makes you a good social conversationalist...Think maybe the physical therapy was worth it for the ongoing supply of People magazine. I'd subscribe, but somehow it doesn't seem right to pay real dollars for gossip! Of course, I might be more fun at a party....But then I rarely get invited to parties--probably because I have nothing much that is exciting to talk about socially!

No comments: