Thursday, August 25, 2005

More socks

I finished some socks, and started some more. Littler ones--to use up the yarn. They brought forth Ohh's and Awes at the knitting group. Fun.

They should let me knit socks in meetings. I have to go to a lot of meetings. I multi-task all the time--even when there are not multiple tasks to do, like in most meetings I have to attend. I can only pretend to be interested for just so long. It is not that I am not paying attention--but I can pay attention to many things at once--just like I can read things that are upside down--and I have only recently realized that not everyone can do either of these things. Nor does everyone appreciate these things in another person!

So if I multitask only in my head--it does get loud in there. Better to DO something. Knitting is like white noise. Calming--purposeful- productive, with a definite outcome.

Come to think of it, knitting has absolutely nothing in common with most of the meetings I have to attend!

No comments: