Saturday, May 28, 2011

May Flowers

We had April showers, and May monsoons!    This has been a very we spring, which means that everything is green, lush, and very soggy!!!  The Iris are blooming, starting with the white ones.  They are exceptionally tall this year. 

I am waiting for my spinning wheel to arrive--next step in the pre-retirement acquisition plan.   Also have started spring cleaning.....seems I always "start", but never quite finish.   My ambition exceeds my energy!  Or dedication, enthusiasm, or motivation.   Or maybe I just hate cleaning and organizing.

But the screen porch is "open"--cleaned and set up for the season.  Now to have it be warm enough to enjoy it!?!?!  Next on my list is mixing up "girly, fluffy" drinks for the freezer---to be ready, just in case!!!!

Too wet to weed, and kind of cool out......so guess I will have to devote the day to some indoor activity!!  I have a stack of mending to do......which is about as exciting (and likely to get done) as spring cleaning!!! (sigh!)

No comments: