Sunday, September 27, 2009

Cat Hair

Over the years I have vacuumed and discarded two or three (maybe more) cats. Now that Mr. Cat has departed, removing the cat hair has a permanence to it--thus is more rewarding.

I now have a table cloth without a chance of cat hair. My ironing board (he just had to help!) will be cat-hair free. The Dyson Pet (I still love this thing) found lots of kitty fur about on the carpet of the first floor yesterday. Today I washed the quilt--more cat hair down the drain, and removed via the dryer lint screen.

I know it will take years---just like their memories, cat linger on. When we moved once, I found a cat hair in the back of the freezer---and the cat had been dead 6 years. I know I had cleaned that freezer in that time, but there it was, easily identifiable as belonging to our dearly departed! Have no idea how it got there---the cat was NEVER in the freezer either!

So our post-Mr. Cat life is different--no one to blame but ourselves, for a mess. Fewer spoons in the dishwasher. Won't be using as many sandwich bags (he only ate 1/2can of food at a sitting). Don't have to empty a litter box on Wednesday and Sunday. Can do laundry without any chance that something will accidentally fall into the litter box (usually this only happened to clean laundry due to the room arrangement...) Don't have to worry about locking him out on the porch. Have no one waking me up before I wish to get up. Yesterday, I did some sewing--and did not have to worry about things flying off my work table, or "someone" sitting on my embroidery arm!!!

Even the chipmunk that lives between the rocks under the kitchen window seems less edgy--no feline watching his every move from behind the screen....

You forget how much work pets are---when you have a ball of fur to warm up your lap as you knit......

No comments: