Friday, August 07, 2009

The early bird...

Gets a lot done! This is another "unpaid time off" day--long story. I got up early, got ready, cleaned the house, and was out the door in search of a bargain by 8:30. It turns out while I am at work, other people can be at the store with the special before the doors open, get the 50% off items that they want, check out, and be back in their car about the same time the store is supposed to open.

It was my first "open, open, open" experience---very satisfying!

Next on the list was a new passport picture. Not that I am going anywhere, but mine is going to expire this year, and you never know, something may come up. The last two have been terrible! This is better, but the way they take them, makes you look not at all like what you think you look like. But mission accomplished in less than 10 minutes--parking, checking in, click, processing, selecting, and printing....turns out that 9:05 is a terrific time to have your passport picture taken quickly!!!

In less than an hour I am back home--mission accomplished!! Amazing what you can get done when you do not work!!!

I loaded the dishwasher, cleaned the stove, watered the plants, took out the trash, and moved the lawn ornamentation out of the way so the porch project could move forward---waiting for my friend, E. to arrive so we can go to the outlet mall!

I will not overburden you with the details, but it was a successful trip and yummy lunch!!! Turns out people who do not work meet their friends, and find bargains, and have yummy lunches!!

So, it was a great day! Had fun. Came home and helped Mr. CP demo one side of the porch, and re-frame the three openings for re-screening!!

I am still marveling at what I accomplished because I did not go to work today!! Of course I could not do this everyday if I did not work--as would soon run out of space in my house, or money, or both!!.....but it does give me hopes that my house will be cleaner after I retire!!!

No comments: