Monday, March 23, 2009

Spending Other People's Money

Or...we did our part to stimulate the economy!!

M1 came home so that we could shop for a dress for "the" wedding. We got six! A national retailer near my home was having a 40% off sale--so four Jones NY went in the bag at really good prices! Retro-60's style sheaths--sun dress, and (although it looked absolutely stunning) a sexy hankie skirt dress that will probably be returned. On to the Mall!!! One dress at each "upscale" retailer--but with coupons! My fav will probably be returned---I love the colors. Other, very similar dress with less "cleavage" is, according to M1 "the one".

Then--the IKEA pilgrimage...I bought a cool garden bag for my knitting, as it stands up on it's own, and two of their great $1.50 shopping bags, because they are pretty and I like them. M1 bought stuff for work and home.

Then lunch! M1 wanted Mexican---and they left off the onions on my cheese and onion enchilada--that I had asked for extra onion on----although M1 was slightly annoyed that I complained (I figure that if I do not point out the problem, they cannot fix it!!) I did get an adjustment on my bill. (and out waiter reaped the benefit).

Then to a discount chain to obtain more shirts to be embroidered for the wedding.....long story.

On to Trader Joes, because you just cannot find their good stuff where M1 lives.

Our last stop was at the lingerie store--to get the right foundation garment for "the Dress" M1 found 4! that fit. Every woman's dream come true!! Everyone needs a bra fitter!! It changes your entire outlook on life.

So, I spent about $10 plus lunch. M1 spent about 10X that, and got a "free" lunch. J dog had a good time visiting Mr. Cat (more like tormenting him with his very existence) and got to romp and play with the deer excrement in the back yard.

We are almost ready for the wedding---20 some days and counting!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

not annoyed for the complaints - more annoyed that we tend to attract the poor service and kitchen screw ups - 2x in 2 days!

M1