Thursday, March 12, 2009

Faith Restored

Every once in awhile your faith in the goodness of mankind is restored.
After the stolen pizza and drive away stolen groceries I was beginning to think that the world was headed in the wrong direction.

Someone at the national retailer where my car pool parks has restored my optimism about the basic good. They found my keys, that had fallen out of my bag as we rushed through the dark to make it to our van pool. They turned them into the lost and found.

I did not know they were gone of course until I returned home from work. Thought perhaps I had left them in my office---fortunately, had a spare key! Looked in the van, and then when I arrived at my office this morning, I was disappointed to see that I had just not carelessly left them in my desk. I asked my car pool buddy to dig through her car later---maybe they fell out there.

Then, in my "retrace your steps" mode, I chanced a call to the retailer--thankful that I had not driven yesterday--but then, if I had, I would have had my keys in my hands and they would not be "lost". I was amazed when the young man on the phone said , yep, they are here!

So--to the person who found my keys in the employee lot on 3/11 thank you for turning them in. I appreciate that I do not have to buy a new key, and rekey all my locks. I am relieved that I do not have to worry that someone had a key to my car. But most of all, I am delighted to know that people are still "nice".

No comments: