Monday, May 14, 2007

Just like Michigan but with palm trees


We adventured to the Florida Keys for fun in the sun with the 4 and assorted significant and not so significant others. It was J's birthday #30, and mothers day...the excuses for the event.

I had three goals--read a book, drink frozen pinacolodas, and get a nice picture of all (suitable for framing and/or Xmas cards). All three were accomplished! The rest did whatever they wanted--apparently harder for them to accomplish than I thought without a "field Marshall" to blame!! We all survived, and on the whole , think all had a good time!

D, E, M, and J even resurrected an earlier t-shirt theme, and had them made in our current sizes--fun! Sometimes they surprise me with their resourcefulness. Still does not mean that they cooperate in any fashion that would seem to be collaborative (family dynamics always enter in!), buy they got it done! M2 even had one, but we will not show mama E the pictures!

Key West is just like Mackinaw City, Atlantic City, or Bar Harbor, but with Key Lime Pie instead of fudge, salt water Taffy, etc. I enjoyed the resort more. Did like the Hemingway house tour, as was entertaining but overpriced, and the Truman white house development was very nice. The food was good (but again, overpriced), and riding the bikes was fun (if not a bit too far for the first time out!). Went to the southernmost point--so I could say I'd been there...one more thing off my list!

Thinking of the next big adventure--maybe an all inclusive resort, or a houseboat (except that I think that is too confined a space--would need several boats!!) Will work on it for 09 --m will be 30!

Fun in the sun was had by all, and the SPF 55 sunscreen works!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The spf 55 worked very well - was asked by everyone if I really went to florida or not (no tan!).

I'll be 30 in '09 - crud!

MT