Monday, May 21, 2007

Baby deer and smelly stuff!

We say them last night upon arriving home--mom and the tiny fawn, barely able to stand--out by the old oak. Mom headed into the woods, but the baby had trouble, falling and not getting up. Mr. CP was worried--he had to take his 1/2 of the trash down, and it was still there.

Gone this am!

Mom and/or friends however visited for lunch in the garden. Lots of hosta munching. I just weeded yesterday, so know the dining was today--not much doesn't taste good to a mom deer nursing a couple of fawns. Or the rabbits--I suspect they had the black eyed susan side salads!

Should have sprayed the smelly deterrent spray last night...but better late! while there are still plants left! Found some new stuff as my regular brand of deer repellent was sold out. WOW, does this new stuff STINK. I can still smell it on my hands--after multiple scrubbings!! Must remember to "suit up".

If the smelliness is related to the effectiveness, I may have plants this year!!

No comments: