Sunday, November 19, 2006

November Sundays


Are not sunny! Today the weather person said it would be "nice"--a relative term it seems. It is snowing, windy, and only 30 degrees....not exactly my definition of "nice". I had planned to deal with the leaves today in the niceness.....which will not happen in the snow flurries!

I have wasted time on the Internet, ordered stuff I want, but do not need (have been cleaning, so have a little room for new "stuff"), and now must decide on the next project of the day.

Think I should finish the long ago started curtain project for the upstairs front window. 2/3 done--so maybe today is the day for the center panel! The woodpeckers have attacked that part of the house, so a curtain on the window can help me maintain my state of denial that I might have to do something with the woodpeckers! So far, suet has been a good distraction, but there sure are a lot of them! (They must have sent out invitations to all their friends!) Pretty pecking at the feeding stations, but so destructive when trying to rid your house of bugs--they get rid of the bugs, but also the house!!!

Too cold to deal with the woodpecker holes outside!! I would try to convince all that they were trying to nest with us, except that I do not think that woodpeckers are that dumb--and I am pretty sure that there are/were bugs in the cedar at that exact spot!

We just must be a bird magnet out here in the "wild". Just shut out the swifts for good (noisy little chimney dwellers!) and the woodpeckers become pests! As Rosana Rosanadanna would say..."It's always something"!

No comments: