Sunday, April 30, 2006

Rearranging the hostas

It is that time of the year. It is when I want to play hookey and dig in my flower beds. Today I rearranged some hostas, some lilies of the valley, and filled to huge pots with dirt. I hauled them down to sit majestically on the two stumps left from the removal of the ash trees. It still looks like the Asian bugs killed my trees, but I feel better about it.

I sprayed the deer and rabbit repellent. Sort of in time. Not much eaten yet. Mostly the rabbit I believe. Need to weed. Want to have time to just play in the dirt....Don't.

Must organize my life so I can go to Washington DC for a few days. Always makes me nervous...The flight, being there. 5 years has not made it less so. Always pack too much. Am trying to right size. Hard to do. Cleaned my purse--wouldn't want to have to part with my Swiss army knife. So much to think of. Pack your snacks. Have your ID. Make sure you can lift your carry on over your head....Makes me tired just thinking about it.

Hopefully, I will return unscathed, the house buying agnst will be over, and then I will have time to tackle the weeds!

No comments: