Saturday, November 19, 2005

Shopping in a new venue

So, work takes me on the road again, but this time to at least a "civilized" place--they have a mall and bookstores! I find some time to wander the mall--big sale on some sleeveless turtle necks--never mind that this is an oxymoron, and a few years ago I would have said who in the world would want a sleeveless TURTLENECK? Now I know it is middle aged women dealing with temperature control. It is blowing and snowing and very chilly, and I am out looking for sleeveless turtlenecks! Fortunately, I now have a new assortment of colors to take me through the temperature extremes.

The next day was the bookstore. They are soothing--nice music. Pretty good public bathrooms--handy when on the road. Found a book I was looking for, and a sock knitting book I was not--got sucked in! Of course had to immediately run to my hotel to begin to knit toe up socks. Much fun. No pattern, just theory. Ratios, proportions, interesting increasing and decreasing to make a toe in space, then build a sock around it.....Now you may ask how could this be? Wander into a bookstore, and have yarn and needles in your hotel--but I have become good at this travel thing...Bring only the essentials, which includes knitting bag with more essentials!!! So I now have two tiny little red/grey toe up socks. A good time was had by all.

More of the travel next week. Not as much fun as everyone might think--but I will have new knitting to keep me amused!

No comments: