Saturday, November 26, 2005

The $200.00 Turkey


We have recovered from the tryptophan comma following the Thanksgiving feast..which featured the $200.00 Turkey.

S. was off for the entire week preceding the holiday. I left a list, as I was not only working, but was on another road trip. He was supposed to get the turkey (his idea) while I was gone.

S. waited until Tuesday afternoon to get around to it. He called me as I was on my way home, relieved to be done until next week, and thinking about all of the little details involved in entertaining house guests and the holiday extravaganza as well as other meals for the crowd..... He had no turkey!! The store was out of fresh turkeys! (if you are female, have ever bought holiday turkeys, you are saying "duh!)

I did not mention that on the preceding Sunday, I had suggested that we throw the turkey in to cart...Exasperated, I stop at the warehouse club on my way, and low and behold they have many boxes of fresh turkeys in the town where he wasn't!...so once I obtain the birds (kid 2 also needed one for their T-giving 2)...I shopped....and with postage for the holiday cards, the two turkeys (along with the other stuff in my cart) came to $200.00.

I could have taken all 10 of us out to dinner, kept the house clean, and not been exhausted for that amount.....but I do have stamps!

No comments: